Summary of Rules and Regulations
Taken from Article III of the Ziani at La Vina Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (DCC&R, HOA guidelines, Community Development Distric (CDD) policies and Orange County regulations.
- Each lot shall be used for single-family residential purpose only.
- All setback areas, yards, walkways, driveways and parking areas shall be maintained and kept in a neat and clean condition, free of debris.
- All landscaped areas shall be maintained in live, healthy and growing condition, properly watered and trimmed.
- Any planting of grass, shrubs or trees which become dead or badly damaged, shall be replaced with similar healthy plant materials.
- No trade or business of any kind may be carried on therein or thereon; provided, however the lease or rental of a resident shall not constitute a violation of this covenant.
- Slow down!! Keep everyone safe in the community.
- According to Orlando Police Department, blocking a sidewalk with a parked car is prohibited by ordenance. Even if the sidewalk is on your property and part of your driveway, it is a violation of the ordinance.
- Vehicles illegally parked in this manner are subject to fines through parking citations and towing. But more importantly, they pose a serious safety hazard to pedestrians.
- Let's protect our families and neighbors!
- Do not block mailboxes.
- There must be at least 10 feet in front of and behind the mailbox for the carrier to do his job.
- No vehicle main remain parked on a street for more than one (1) hour, except that the vehicles of guests who are visiting and may park in the street for a period not exceeding four (4) hours if there is no room on the driveway. The Association shall have the right to tow repeat offenders' vehicles after placing a warning notice on the offending car one time.
- No truck or van with more than 3/4 ton capacity, boat, trailer, recreational vehicle or commercial vehicle shall be parked, stored or otherwise kept on any portion of the Property for more than 24 hrs, except that any of the foregoing vehicles may be stored in the garage on a Lot so long as the garage door is fully closed while such vehicle is located therein.
- Access for construction vehicles shall be permitted only during daylight hours for the purpose of constructing improvements which have received prior approval of ARC.
- No inoperative cars, trucks, trailers or other types of vehicles, shall be allowed to remain on the Property for a period in excess of 2 days.
- No major maintenance, repair or restoration should be performed on any motor vehicle on or adjacent to any Lot.
- The following vehicles are prohibited:
- all-terrein vehicles
- dune buggies, or similar vehicles
- Your dog must be leashed (Orange County Code of Ordenance Section 5) when walked in our community.
2769 Conroy Rd, Orlando, FL 32839 AnimalSericesvices@ocfl.net
Phone: (407) 836-3111
- No animals, livestrock, or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred, or kept on any Lot or the Common Area, except that dogs, cats and other customary household pets.
- No signs of any kind shall be displayed to the public view on any lot without prior written consent of the association.
- No television antennas may be erected and maintained on a Lot if cable TV is available to serve the Properties. If cable TV is not available, a single TV antenna may not be visible from the exterior.
- No portion of any lot shall be used as a drying or hanging area for laundry of any kind.
- No trash, garbage, or other waste material shall be kept or permitted upon any Lot or the Common Area except inside the improvements on each Lot or in sanitaty containers, concealed from view and otherwise in conformity with the rules and regulations.
- There shall be no burning of trash or any other waste material.
- No lot shall be used or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish, trash or other waste.
- Trash and Recycle bins should be out of sight after each pick up.
- You can have trash/recycle ready for pick up not earlier than 4:00 pm on the night before the scheduled pick up day.
- Subject to approval of the ARC as to specific location, all basketball, backboards, fixed or otherwise, and any other fixed game and play structures shall be located at the rear of the dwelling, or in the case of the corner Lots on the inside portion of the Lot within the setback line.
- Treehouses or platforms of the like kind or nature shall not be constructed on any part of the Lot.
- Skateboard ramps or equivalent structures shall not be permitted on any Lot.
- Quiet Time - It is considered a violation from the Orlando County Noise Pollution Control Ordinace (Chapter 15- Article V) in a single-family home area if a noise measured from inside a home or from the property line exceeds 60 decibels for more than one minute between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. or 55 decibels between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. The sound from a vacuum cleaner at 10 feet is 70 decibels.
- Residents of unincorporated Orange County affected by a noise disturbance coming from another residential property, should contact the Orange County Sheriff's Office, (407) 836-4357.
- The HOA does not condone the use of fireworks as it is a violation of Florida Statutes. Homeowners and residents are responsible for any damages caused by fireworks or any pirotecnia in the neighborhood, including damages caused by your guests.
- All mailboxes shall meet the requirements of the United Stated Postal Service and shall otherwise conform with the criteria of the applicable governmental authority as to type of mailboxes and the specific distance allowed for the house. Further, all mailboxes wil be subject to ARC approval and shall be in accordance with any mailbox guidelines published, from time to time, by the ARC.
- Above-ground swimming pools shall not be allowed.
- Any swimming pool and the screening or fencing to be constructed on any Lot shall be subject to the ARC approval. The materials, design, location and construction shall meet standards generally accepted by the industry and shall comply with applicable governmental regulations.
- The composition of all fences or walls shall be of wrought iron or stucco type material ("finish" side out). Vinyl fences might be approved to cover outdoor equipment. They all must be approved in writing on a case by case basis by the ARC.
- Repainting of the fences or wall, shall be performed in an as needed basis.
- No fences or wall shall be located any closer than 20 ft behind the front line of any residential dwelling unit, except approved by the ARC.
- Heating and cooling of residences with systems of active or passive solar, wind and other forms of energy other than gas or electric shall be subject to prior approval of the ARC. Components of such systems that are affixed to the exterior of the residence shall not be permited unless approved by the ARC.
- No fuel tanks or similar storage receptacles may be exposed to view from front or side streets or adjacent properties, but may be installed within the main dwelling house, within a walled in or screened area, or buried underground, and shall be approved by the ARC prior to constrtuction.
- Garage doors shall remain closed at all time when not in use for entry or exit to or from the garage.
- Garage door color - shall match the aproved body color of the house unless specifically approved by ARC.
Lake La Vina Regulations
- Swimming, bathing, wading and diving are not permitted in Lake LaVina in accordance with the South Florida Water Management District and CDD policies and procedures.
- Pets are not allowed in the lake.
- No docks or other structures, whether permanent or temporary, shall be constructed and placed in the lake or on the lake shoreline unless properly permitted and approved by the South Florida Water Management District, the CDD, and other applicable governmental agencies.
- No foreign materials may be disposed of in the lake, including, but not limited to: tree branches, paint, cement, oils, soap suds, building materials, chemicals, fertilizers or any other material that is not naturally occurring or which may be detrimental to the lake environment.
- Any hazardous condition must immediately be reported to the District Manager. The presence of any chemical or other similar hazardous condition must immediately be reported to the proper authorities or police.
- Property owners and residents are responsible for the activities of their tenants, guests and invitees.
- Boats may not exceed 18 feet in length.
- No watercraft may have a fixed draft of more than 24 inches.
- No gasoline or diesel fueled engines are permitted on Lake LaVina with the exception of the Lakes Work Boat.
- Oar or paddle driven boats, such as: canoes, row boats, kayaks, sculls, etc
- Single-hulled sail boats
- Battery powered electric boats
- jet skis
- motor surfers
- multi- or double-hulled sail boats
- inflatable boats, rafts, inner tubes
- personal floating devices
- windsurfers, sail boards
- All boats must have a life jacket for each person on board and all safety equipment in accordance with Federal, State, County and City requirements.
- All boats placed on the lake must bear a Homeowners or Townhouse Association approval sticker.
- No boating hours have been established at this time. However, because sounds carry and magnify over water, boating must be done in a quiet, courteous manner, especially after 10:00 p.m. and before 7:30 a.m.
- All boats must be operated in a safe and courteous manner.
- Sailing craft shall have the right of way over all other watercraft.
- Docking at private property is not allowed without the express written consent of the owner.
- Boats may only be moored or stored at an owner's dock or on the edge of the owner’s property. No boating storage is permitted on CDD property.
- Owners of off-water homes must remove their boat from the water when not in use.
- No anchors of any type are allowed on the lake unless permitted by law.
- All boats must be kept in good repair and be in operating condition.
- Fishing is restricted to property owners and residents. All guests and invitees must be accompanied by a property owner or resident at all times while using the lake.
- Live bait is permitted for fishing along with other types of bait.
- It is recommended that fishing should be catch and release; however, if you keep the fish there shall be no cleaning of fish at docks, lakeside or from a boat.
- The following items are prohibited on or near the lake: spears, firearms, air rifles, large nets, traps, bows and arrows.
- To protect the fish and waterfowl, fishing lines must not be left unattended.
- Only fish over 12" in length may be taken from the lake.
- Only sport fish may be removed: Catfish, Bass and Bluegill.
- Violations of the above policies may result in the suspension or termination of your privilege to use the lake.